SIGEP – A. B. TECH EXPO: NEW MOUTH-WATERING PRODUCTS FOR 2020
SIGEP – A. B. TECH EXPO: NEW MOUTH-WATERING PRODUCTS FOR 2020
1) CARPIGIANI'S EXPRESS GELATO: INSTAGRAMMABLE AND SOFT Dispensed directly from the machine, the last part of the serving still ends in the shape of a soft whipped wave, the distinguishing feature that had made it an icon between the Fifties and Sixties. The preparation process has however changed and is now extremely innovative. The "express gelato" which Carpigiani presented at Sigep 2020 in fact appeals to the palates and styling tastes of the new decade. What's more, the soft serve machines are fitted with blockchain technology set up for pay-per-use. This is a brand new feature in this industry, and it is set to facilitate the introduction of gelato in food retail. Carpigiani is also focusing efforts on Premium Soft Serve, the new international trend, which recently made a come-back and is now based on the offer of sophisticated ingredients, with original, spectacular and above all Instragrammable shapes and colours. Hall C1, booths 015, 021, 061 and 143.
2) IFI AT SIGEP 2020: DESIGN FIRST AND FOREMOST In an art house space designed by Alessandro Scandurra's SSA architects practice, Ifi presents its new solutions for artisan gelato, pastry and café furnishings where design comes first. "We have come to Sigep – they explain – to emphasise that innovation, research and design are the pillars on which our business philosophy has been built. Our aim is to continue to improve personal well-being thanks to the preservation of food, its display, hygiene, ergonomics, by developing smart solutions and creating people-centric places". Hall C1, booths 054 and 094.
3) MEDAC PICKS SIGEP TO CELEBRATE ITS 60TH ANNIVERSARY For Medac management, the 2020 edition constitutes a particularly significant milestone. The company is celebrating its sixtieth anniversary and is planning a generous schedule of competitions at international level. Hall C3, booth 150.
4) THE NEW GELATO FOR SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS BY LEAGEL IS POWER PROTEIN A powder product designed to make gelato with triple the protein, but low in fat, in just a few simple steps. Called Power Protein Gelato, this is one of the leading new products under the Leagel brand to be unveiled at the 2020 edition of Sigep. This gluten-free line is available in vanilla, cocoa, banana and salted caramel flavours to meet the current tastes of the global population when it comes to protein food designed for sports enthusiasts too. Hall C5, booth 001/040.
5) PREGEL: PLATINUM SPONSOR OF THE GELATO WORLD CUP: PASSION IS REWARDED AT SIGEP PreGel, Platinum Sponsor of the Gelato World Cup, is planning a special acknowledgement for the team which stands out for the use of the most important ingredient, i.e. passion for this industry. Indeed, the brand's commitment is distinguished by passion, and it is attending Sigep to accommodate the requirements of new lifestyles which have modified consumers' eating habits, not always for health reasons, but also simply by choice. South Hall/012, hall C5, booths 026, 061, 068, 134 and 175.
6) A DIRECT LINE TO ALESSANDRO BORGHESE AT THE NEW BRAVO CONTEST A leading brand in the production of pastry, gelato and chocolate making machines, Bravo has been hosting show cooking events by famous chef Alessandro Borghese in its booth for years. "For 2020 however, we decided to reward all the web users by organising a direct meeting with him". This is the privilege that Bravo will be bestowing upon the winner of the contest devised specifically for Sigep. The awards ceremony is scheduled for Sunday 19th January. Hall C5, booths 075 and 120.
7) ALMOST A THOUSAND SQUARE METRES OF SWEETNESS AT SIGEP FOR FABBRI 1905 The new season will be starring the "antipodes": well-being and hedonism, health and gluttony, news and tradition. This is definitely the case for Fabbri 1905, which when it comes to gelato focuses its efforts on well-being and on superfoods with the new Avocado and Greek Yoghurt flavoured Simplè as well as the Citron and Turmeric Variegated gelato. The spotlight will shine on delicacies such as the Tutti Frutti Variegated Sicilian Cassata, a modern revisitation of a "great classic", and the irresistible Snackoloso Bom Bon variegated gelato, creamy hazelnut and cocoa with a wafer and granulated hazelnut. Major names will also be shifting the spotlight onto the pastry world: Maestro Francesco Elmi, Brand Ambassador of the company and director of the Fabbri Master Class Training School at Sigep, has signed the 2020 Pastry Recipe Book. The Fabbri booth will also be playing host to a special world tour guided by Amarena Fabbri: from Japanese Mochi to classic American Cheesecake. Hall A5-C5/021.
8) MO.CA IN SEARCH OF THE LOST FLAVOUR "In search of the lost flavour" is the topic which MO.CA picked this year for the forty-first edition of Sigep. Two of the new products in the Delizia line include a "Base Antica" (old-fashioned base) line with natural, additive- and emulsifier-free products, made only with plant-based fibres, and Latte Blu (Blue Milk), a flavour that draws its inspiration from a very famous and popular alcohol-free vegan cocktail imported from the United States. This flavour consists mainly of ginger, coconut milk and turmeric, with the addition of an edible seaweed, spirulina, which gives the drink its characteristic blue hue. On the last day of SIGEP, Wednesday 22nd January, MO.CA will be engaged in "Non ConGelateci il sorriso" (Don't Freeze our smile), the friendship education project which it is the main sponsor of, and that teaches how to fight bullying in schools, and to this end creates a network between schools, families and artisan gelato parlours. Hall C5, booth 160.
9) WHAT'S NEW FROM BABBI, CATERING TO THE NEEDS OF PEOPLE WHO SUFFER FROM DAIRY PRODUCT INTOLERANCE Babbi's range of variegated gelatos has been extended, with the new entry, the Ginger Variegated gelato, which is fantastic for original combinations and gourmet creations. The brand is also launching some classic pastes, from its Pasta Vaniglia Suprema vanilla paste, made with vanilla pods and aroma-free, to its Pasta Vaniglia Premium, with a notable caramel aroma which blends in seamlessly with the vanilla aromas and vanilla pod seeds contained in the product. Other novelties include the Pasta Cacao Special and the Pasta Gianduja Trinacria, with its strong hazelnut flavour. 2020 also entails many new entries among its gelato bases, catering in particular to the needs of people who are intolerant to milk and dairy products: namely Riso Natura Stevia Cioccolato and Riso Natura Stevia Vaniglia Gialla. For those who want composite ingredients without aromas, there's the Base Doppia Panna 100 S.A. Frozen Yogurt 'Greco' is a soft Greek yoghurt base. Hall C7, booths 154, 160 and 194.
10) FROM COMPRITAL: CHOCOLATE, ICING AND... ZERO PASTRY The show cooking events by Ernst Knam, Alessandro Tiscione, Gianluca Fusto: the Comprital booth is to host two events on Saturday with "The king of chocolate" at 11 am and 2:30 pm; three with Tiscione at 12:30 noon, 1:30 and 5 pm on "zero pastry" and another three with Fusto on "Icing" at 11:30 am, 1 and 3 pm. Hall C7, booth 120.
11) MEC3, GIUSO GUIDO, MODECOR AND PERNIGOTTI AT "HOME" The CASA OPTIMA group - comprising the brands MEC3, GIUSO, MODECOR and PERNIGOTTI MAESTRI GELATIERI ITALIANI – has picked Sigep as the ideal venue to launch a "green" message to customers and visitors in the form of a dedicated video, which will be broadcast throughout the five days of the exhibition on the monitors of all three booths and, more concretely still, through the exclusive use of gelato cups, teaspoons, straws and drinking cups made of compostable material, to be disposed of in segregated waste collection bins. The new products include: MEC3 launches The Napure Line, the complete range that allows gelato makers to offer a short-label gelato with clear ingredients, capable of gaining the trust of consumers with a growing interest in the natural origin of products. CROCOCO', which draws its inspiration from the elegance and sumptuous appeal of Baroque style, where sweet, thin and crispy crêpes are merged with the exquisiteness of gelato. Then there's Extra Santo Domingo, an innovative product, to be prepared with hot water, no milk or dairy, with the selection of one of the best cocoas in the world, to put together a single-source dark chocolate sorbet. The marshmallow flavoured gelato looks like it has just come out of Hansel and Gretel's gingerbread house: it's creamy, colourful, sweet and soft. With Trilogy, milk chocolate gelato enveloped by a white chocolate sauce and covered with a black coca crumble and crunchy cocoa beans. GIUSO focuses on the Linea Dolci della Tradizione (Traditional Confectionery Line): Pasta Panettone, Kit Zuppa inglese, Kit Cassata del sole, Kit torroncino al miele, Variegato Bombardino . MODECOR presents wafers for bakery products with 12 different indications and flavours. The brand's distinguishing feature is its outstanding ability to customise and to allow the customisation of its creations. Hall A7 – C7
12) "LEONARDO'S TROUBLES" BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE BY FUGAR 500 years after the death of the great Leonardo Da Vinci, writer Simona Bertocchi, mindful of the legend which has it that the great genius's stepfather was a good pastry chef, has dedicated a book to the Mona Lisa's creator called 'I pasticci di Leonardo' (Leonardo's troubles). The book's bizarre plot begins in the gruff and rowdy Accattabriga's bakery. From then, Leonardo creates a pastry for every chapter of his existence to give a flavour, a fragrance and a texture to his dearest memories: his lonely and rebellious childhood; the Florentine scene and his friendship with Lorenzo the Magnificent; the constructive period in the Sforza court; the accomplishment of the Last Supper; the troubled bond with his pupil Salaì; the months of rebirth lived in Venice; the eternal and emblematic smile of the Mona Lisa; through to his demise in France. The publishing of this text is combined with a line of dedicated pastry and gelato, produced by FUGAR: nine exclusive recipes which bring to mind the flavours and aromas of the Maestro. Simona Bertocchi will be in the South Hall of the Exhibition every day at 3:15 pm. FUGAR is also taking part in Hall A7, booth 121.
13) BIOHAPPY, THE NEW ECO-SUSTAINABLE PACKAGING BY ALCAS Leaders in the plastic packaging industry for over five decades, for more or less the last thirteen years Alcas has paid the utmost attention to biodegradable and compostable materials. As usual, it is taking part in Sigep with products and offerings that are right on-trend. "Research, determination and perseverance have enabled us to put together the BioHappy line – they explain -. These gelato and pastry products are made of corn bioplastic: an innovative material that is more environmentally friendly than paper, more transparent than glass, and as flexible as plastic". Hall A7, booth 160.
14) FRIGOMECCANICA BETS ON ART DECO. PREVIEW AT SIGEP The new series is called Carlton, its colours and finishes clearly inspired by Art Deco, a style that has been revisited with a perfectly modern twist. Ready to make its début at Sigep, the new Frigomeccanica line of furnishings is placed alongside the final version of the Harris furnishings, which has been produced in the latest trendy colours, and the Ghost professional gelato and pastry display case. Hall A7, booths 001 and 039.
15) SICILIAN SHOOTS AT THE RIMINI SIGEP Jeweller-designer Giovanni Aliotta and the pastry chef Elisabetta Dall'Olmo will be attending SIGEP with I Gioielli del Gusto (Gems of Taste), their luxury format built around the synergy of confectionery and jewellery. A partner and star of the exhibition will, for the occasion, be Simone GATTO, a leading brand in the essence and juice industry, set to host the original event in its booth. On Monday 20th January at 12 noon, within the Simone GATTO booth, Elisabetta Dall'Olmo will thus be presenting a Pastry that she herself will be dishing up, made entirely with ingredients from Simone Gatto, and on which Giovanni Aliotta has designed and made the "Germogli" (Shoots) ring, freely inspired by the fine pastry item available for tasting. Hall A7, booth 52.
16) ENERGY SAVING FOR TELME PRODUCTS Telme begins its list of new products with the Ecogel T 60-200 vertical whipping machine, equipped with a patented DSRS system. This machine allows energy savings of more than 40 per cent, that's a 20% reduction in the applied power ratings and an extraordinary speed of whipping and production. Hall A5, booth 041.
17) FERRERO MEANS NUTELLA Ferrero's Nutella flavoured gelato is at Sigep with a proposal for all gelato parlours. Guaranteed success and reliability. Hall A4, booth 37.
18) PMGI – PERNIGOTTI MAESTRI GELATIERI ITALIANI by Casa Optima has new packaging solutions for Pasta Nocciola Piemonte PGI and Pasta Pistacchio verde di Bronte PDO. All the single-source preparations are officially part of the chocolate base portfolio, first and foremost the Fondente Monorigine Santo Domingo. The Santo Domingo from the "Maestri Gelatieri Italiani" range is a very popular product among professionals because it contains a high percentage of Santo Domingo cocoa and it stands out for its unmistakable taste and a creaminess that make this chocolate base offer exceptional results, great quality and extreme ease of use. Hall A3, booths 140 and 142.
19) ISA: WE BRING INTERNATIONAL DESIGN NAMES TO SIGEP ISA, a company from Umbria known across the world as an excellence in the professional refrigeration and public venue furnishings sectors, is taking part with a booth divided into two large spaces playing host to distinguished international design and architecture brands: genuine modern and visionary furnishings collections to influence the fusion concepts of public premises. These include cafés which are at the same time meeting points, pastry shops, gelato parlours and bistros ready to welcome a careful and demanding clientèle, offering refined food, cocktails and often music with DJ sets. Hall A3, booths 120 and 160.
20) A TANK OF CHOCOLATE DESIGNED BY BARRY CALLEBAUT Will the 31,000 litres of liquid chocolate offered by Barry Callebaut be enough to satisfy Sigep's visitors' desire for chocolate? We will find out on 22nd January; meanwhile, the western swimming pools of Rimini Expo Centre house a strange tank preserving the precious and delicious confectionery at a temperature of about 25°. The chocolate is then 'tapped' and offered to members of the public. Western swimming pools in Hall A2-C2 and Hall C7, booth 140.
21) WITH LAVAZZA, HAPPY HOUR IS COFFEE-BASED A team of experts explains and brings the 'coffee experience' to life for Sigep's audience every day, illustrating and affording the thousand emotions of the world's most popular beverage. Afternoon happy hour every day at 4:30 pm. Among the new products from the company based in Turin, the One touch barista, to make your favourite recipes... in one touch. Hall A1, booth 081.
22) IRINOX: BRINGING ITS ULTRA POWERFUL BLAST CHILLER TO SIGEP The brand introduced the concepts of rapid cold and high quality preservation to the world of food, pastry, gelato, bakery and the food industry. Today Irinox is the partner of excellence for artisan workshops and the small to medium-sized food industry. This is why the brand is attending Sigep, an opportunity also chosen for the launch of MultiFresh® Next, "the most powerful and efficient blast chiller on the market", they stated. Hall B1, booth 160.
23) VALRHONA: SPOTLIGHT ON CUSTOMISED DECORATIONS A new space dedicated to the customisation of ready-to-eat products has been announced by Valrhona with the brand Valrhona Signature, which is in charge of the line of customised decorations created with totally natural, non-azo dyes, free of nanoparticles. Here, artisans will find a consulting service organised by experienced designers, useful for achieving the most imaginative creativity projects. Hall B3, booth 040.
24) AN INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL MENU IN 60 LANGUAGES ON A SINGLE APP E-RestaurantNFC by the French company E-OFFICNFC is a web application that allows you to consult a menu in 60 languages. Photos, allergens, wine lists and more information can also be included in the menu so diners can understand the ingredients and characteristics of each dish (allergens, halal, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, etc.). All this information is available simply by scanning the QR code with your smartphone. Hall B4, booth 009.
25) AGUGIARO&FIGNA'S PASTRY CULTURE Agugiaro&Figna has planned the launch of Faridea, "a product – they explain - that is totally new and surprisingly versatile, dedicated to all pastry and bakery professionals in search of a high-performance mixture, specific to each type of preparation and capable of optimising production times". "Thanks to Faridea – they point out – every professional can speed up production processes and at the same time customise their products, thus expanding the proposed assortment to accommodate new consumer trends." Hall B5, booths 008 and 030.
26) IGINIO AND DEBORA MASSARI, DOUGHNUTS IN THE FAMILY WITH MOLINO DALLAGIOVANNA FLOURS Father and daughter together for a great pastry recipe: doughnuts. And what a family: Iginio and Debora Massari will in fact be at the Molino Dallagiovanna booth, where they will also present the Meetmassari 2020 tour. Sabrina Dallagiovanna, Sales & Marketing Manager of Molino Dallagiovanna, states: "The 2020 edition of Sigep will be full of surprises dedicated in particular to the world of pizza. The starring role of the five working days is, of course, played by flour, interpreted on the Palco del Gusto (Flavour Stage) by the great maestros of Bakery". The Rimini exhibition is confirmed to be a showcase in which to highlight the most important novelties for the professional world, including the flours inspired by film divas. Hall B5, booth 068.
27) THE NEW GEMS OF ITALMILL'S BESOZZI ORO LINE AT SIGEP The undisputed star of this 41st edition will be Colomba Easter cake. A generous 450 artisan Colomba Easter cakes, each one prepared with the full range of Italmill products, will be offered up for tasting, for a genuine multi-sensory experience. In a highly diverse range of products, the company from Brescia introduces the Besozzi Oro Non Raffinata in a 10 kilo pack, to make leavened baked goods, croissants and sponge cakes with more nutrients and more fibres. Hall B5, booths 160 and 200.
28) SOTTORIVA, MACHINES THAT DON'T STRESS BREAD For the first time, the Sottoriva company from Vicenza will be presenting its latest two models of Volumetric Dough dividers, the ZERO 5-6 dedicated to artisan production and the ZERO 10 for industrial production. This concern, a leader in the bakery process, from flour to just before baking, can rely on its new and efficient machines to generate increasingly better quality products: the distinguishing feature of the ZERO 5-6 and of the ZERO 10, in fact, is that their output is of up to 6,000 pieces of bread per hour without stressing the bread dough, preserving naturalness and quality. Hall B7, booth 001.
29) MOLINO BERTOLO BRINGS THE "GREAT PASTRY CHEFS" AND "THE KING OF CHOCOLATE" Molino Bertolo returns to Sigep with Ernst Knam. The "King of Chocolate" will delight visitors with some of his recipes on Monday 20th at 12 noon. But the mill from Treviso will also be bringing many other important names from the Italian and international gastronomic scene: Damiano Carrara, who created the Fruttarine® line together with Molino Bertolo, Gian Luca Forino and Corrado Carosi, both former competitors on "Il più grande Pasticcere" (The biggest Pastry Chef) show, Enrico Magro and Andrea Mantovanelli, part of Team Italy at the International Catering Cup. Hall B7, booth 71.
30) RONDO, THE PATRIOTIC PASTRY RING It is time for colourful pastry, crafted by maestros such as Massari or Rinaldini. An entire market has come to be: croissants with a multi-layer dough that bring to mind the colours of the ingredients used. Rondo, a Swiss company with operating premises in Schio (Vi), and a leader in Dough-How, i.e. the dough-making technique, is presenting a modified croissant-making machine that prepares the three-coloured pastry ring at Sigep 2020. Hall B7/D7, booth 070.
31) LESAFFRE YEASTS ARE NATURAL AND PURE Lesaffre Italia is set to attend an edition packed with novelties. The company from Parma, which produces and markets fresh yeast, sourdough and ingredients for artisan, industrial and domestic bakery, is presenting an absolute preview of 5 new products for the bakery world: Ja Pan, Granlegumi, Il Proteico, Grangrani, four tasty Inventis mixes, which draw their inspiration from fascinating, distant and exotic worlds as well as those that are closer to us and Starter LV2, the sourdough from the Livendo line, quintessentially natural and pure. The products are at A.B. Tech Expo. Hall B7 – D7, booth 055.
32) A MIRACLE AT MOLINO GRASSI People are quick to say gourmet pizza, the difference is in Miracolo: a biodiverse cereal used in Parma to make a flour from ancient, eco-friendly grains, which Molino Grassi is presenting at Sigep 2020 in the bakery sector. Less gluten, more fragrance. Stop by the booth to understand a restyled tradition and to taste the cereal pure or mixed with other flours. Hall D5, booth 076.
33) THE TRAVELLING COFFEE SHOP BY 101CAFFÈ The "travelling" coffee shop formula comes to Sigep for the first time; this solution supplements the franchising model of 101CAFFE' and entails, in addition to the nearby shop, the top location, a shop with a coffee shop and also a truck: not just coffee from the best Italian artisan roasting firms and tasty alternative drinks, but also hot dishes, strictly all-Italian, both in the traditional recipes and in the choice of ingredients, thanks to the brand's excellence Made in Italy. Hall D3, booth 186.
34) CARIMALI'S REVOLUTIONARY BOILERLESS SYSTEM AT SIGEP The 2020 edition of Sigep is truly special for Carimali. For the first time, the company is sharing a booth with Elektra, a newly acquired brand from Veneto, and with Slingshot, a coffee grinder manufacturer that signed a joint venture with Carimali last July. Among the novelties exhibited at Sigep, mention must be made of the BlueDot 26 fully automatic machine and the demonstration model of the revolutionary Boilerless system. Hall D3, booth 193.
35) ILLYCAFFE' RETURNS WITH AN INTERACTIVE BOOTH Illycaffè returns to Sigep with a new booth that the company defines as "exclusive", an "experience" that also aims to enhance the "consulting services catering to the customer and his or her professional needs." In other words, a forward-facing café counter for the general public and, inside, various consultancy areas, with University of Coffee, Trade Marketing and Brand Ambassador interactive workshops. The booth is set to host a schedule of events with Gino Fabbri, Anna Sartori and Fabrizio Fiorani among the guests. Hall D3, booth 075.
36) DRINK "FREE FROM" WITH FRESCO BY FOODNESS Foodness Spa, the company whose mission revolves around Free From and that promotes a lifestyle aimed at personal well-being, is inaugurating the summer season at Sigep with the presentation of a new FRESCO way of drinking. FRESCO by Foodness is 100% fruit to drink, with no added sugar, no preservatives, no colourings and no gluten. It contains only natural fruit sugars. FRESCO juices have 50% less natural sugar than the juice obtained with a slow juicer, because they retain the fibre. Hall D3, booth 112.
37) NUOVA SIMONELLI AND VICTORIA ARDUINO: INNOVATIVE AND EFFICIENT In the booth designed for Sigep, Nuova Simonelli is presenting the Appia Life coffee machine, based on the success of its historic Appia. "With its superior productivity and performance – they explain – the model has proven popular with thousands of coffee shops across the globe and has now undergone a major restyling process." The boiler, insulated with Drytex Thermical insulation technology, reduces energy consumption by 13% compared to the previous model. Hall D1, booth 154.
The next edition of SIGEP will be held in Rimini from 16th to 20th January 2021. For more information to visit or exhibit at SIGEP 2021, please contact:
MŽ Consulting & Fairs - Regional Advisor IEG for Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia & Hercegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo and North Macedonia: